The COVID-19 pandemic has made us all more careful when travelling. But, apart from a burden, it is also an opportunity for all conscious hospitality professionals to become even better at putting the health and safety of you, our guest, at the centre of our attention and care.
In Caldera, we strive to keep you totally safe during your holidays, and make an extremely safe destination, like Crete, even safer. In this manner, our operation has been adjusted accordingly to fully adapt to all the new Safety & Hygiene Standards. Our health and safety policies comply with the World Health Organization and the Greek Government health authorities.
- As per local government protocols, the checkout is set at 11.00hrs.
- We keep confidential records of all customers in case of public health protection actions. For that reason, upon check-in guests should complete a special form for all members staying at the same address. No visitors are allowed apart the residents and staff.
- Extended duration of check-in (15:00) and check-out (11:00) time to allow for sufficient time at minimum 4h.
- [Chania Villas] Disinfection of villa key.
- [Heraklio Villas] Access to the villas and the complex is done with unique code available at the time of booking. The buttons are disinfected before every arrival and during housekeeping.
- [Chania Villas] ISO 14000:2015 – certified for environmental management system.
- All staff members efficiently trained on hygiene and safety protocols and certified.
- Provision of PPE to all employees.
- Self tests on all the staff are carried out once a week according to the instructions of NPHO for the control of COVID-19.
- Increased water quality controls, regular monitoring of chlorine levels and PH.
- Fresh air circulation throughout public indoor areas.
- Rooms will be sanitized and sealed before every arrival.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols for the villa with attention to high touched surfaces such as door and furniture handles, light switches. Remote controls are disinfected and wrapped in specially sealed packages.
- Use of steam cleaners for the disinfection of fabric surfaces such us sofas, chairs and curtains.
- Room cleaning, bed linen and towel change are performed by arrangement. Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay.
- Hand sanitizer in each villa.
- All bed linen and towels will be washed at a high temperature and sanitized.
- Air conditioning filters and grilles disinfected before every arrival.
- Guests are recommended to vacate the room during housekeeping.
- Fresh air circulation at guest’s discretion during stay.
Health Action Plan
- If a guest experiences symptoms compatible with the COVID-19 infection, he/she should inform our health manager. A Sars Cov-2 certified physician will be called in order to assess the incident and give instructions.
- [For Chania Villas]
HEALTH MANAGER: (+30) 698 0250004
VITTORAKIS POLYCLINIC: (+30) 693 256606 / 28210 60606
- [For Heraklio Villas]
HEALTH MANAGER: (+30) 697 3796663
CRETAN MEDICARE : (+30) 28970 25141
- If the patient has an urgent need for treatment based on the doctor’s advice, he/she will be admitted to the General Hospital of Chania “O Agios Georgios” with the provision of transporting by the available health infrastructure.
- If the patient has a mild clinical picture, a nasopharyngeal sample is obtained from the physician for confirmation of COVID-19 via antigen rapid test. The patient remains in his/ her room until the results of the test is announced.
- If confirmed as COVID-19 case, the patient is transferred by PPE (simple surgical mask) and by any legal means of transport to the special quarantine hotel.
- If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, the patient is treated at the villa with the instructions of the treating physician. At the discretion of the therapist, a repeat of an antigen rapid test or a molecular PCR test may be requested.
- If there is a companion who wishes to stay close to the patient, he/she (the attendant) should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash his/her hands frequently with soap or water or apply an alcoholic antiseptic every time he/she comes in contact with secretions of the patient or the inanimate environment of the patient, before he/ she eats, before and after he/ she uses the toilet. The contact details of the patient’s relative will be recorded in case consent is required for operations and the patient cannot communicate.